This year we want to encourage you to send a snack with your child since our lunch time is not until 11:00. This snack must be healthy, and NOT have a lot of sugar. Due to a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts, snacks must be limited to the list below.
- Crackers (goldfish)
- Cut up fruit (sliced apple/segmented orange)
- Cut up vegetables (carrots, celery, broccoli)
These are the “Snack Time Expectations” we established in school.
Snack Time IS…
- Something that is ready to eat and can be enjoyed in a few minutes.
- Something healthy to eat.
- Something that is easy to eat and clean up.
- A time to enjoy a snack individually.
Snack Time IS NOT…
- An unhealthy snack like candy or potato chips.
- Something that takes time to prepare and requires longer than 5 minutes to eat.
- Something that makes a mess.
- A time to share with our friends due to health and allergy concerns.