Welcome! Here you will find the most current information for 3rd-grade students and their parents, including but not limited to, upcoming events, recent news and any documents pertinent to 3rd-grade education at Stellar. Below is a complete list of 3rd-grade classrooms at Stellar. Each of these online classrooms is managed by their respective teachers and contains detailed information for the individual class above and beyond the general grade level information found here.
Good Morning! Students may arrive no earlier than 7:25 AM, Monday - Friday, for school. School begins promptly at 7:30 AM. Please avoid dropping your child/children off at school unsupervised prior to 7:25 AM, at which time the campus will be supervised by staff. Please be sure your child follows the Superintendent’s Dress Code Policy, as well as making sure your child is prepared for the changing weather.
Please send your student to school every day after a good night's rest, a nutritious breakfast, and a healthy morning snack (No chips, cookies, or candy). Please see Stellar's safe snack list below. Water bottles are encouraged and should be labeled with your child's first and last name. No other drinks are allowed in classrooms. Please check with your child's teacher for food allergy alerts and guidelines.
This year we want to encourage you to send a snack with your child since our lunch time is not until 11:40. This snack must be healthy, and NOT have a lot of sugar. Due to a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts, snacks must be limited to the list below.
Stellar's Safe Snack List:
- Cheese/String Cheese
- Cut up fruit (sliced apple/segmented orange)
- Cut up vegetables (carrots, celery, broccoli)
- Beef Jerky
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Breakfast/Cereal Bar (with NO peanut or tree nut products)
- Crackers (goldfish, animal, any with NO peanut or tree nut products)
These are the “Snack Time Expectations” we established in school.
Snack Time IS…
- Something that is ready to eat and can be enjoyed in a few minutes.
- Something healthy to eat.
- Something that is easy to eat and clean up.
- A time to enjoy a snack individually.
Snack Time IS NOT…
- An unhealthy snack like candy or potato chips.
- Something that takes time to prepare and requires longer than 5 minutes to eat.
- Something that makes a mess.
- A time to share with our friends due to health and allergy concerns.
In addition to a snack, your child is allowed to have a water bottle (filled ONLY with water). This must be a bottle that can be sealed so that it will not spill.
Lunch / Recess 11:40-12:20
Wednesday are Early Release Days. Students are dismissed at 1:15 pm. All other days: 2:30 pm
Dismissal/Pick up Areas:
1. Park and meet your child by the flagpole
2. Bus Students will be escorted to their bus by Stellar staff members.
3. BASE Students will be released from the classrooms to the cafeteria for BASE.
4. Pick-up Lane 3rd graders will be released in the bus loop areas. After the buses leaves, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents may then drive through the bus lane for pick up. Students will be waiting for parents in this area. Please do NOT park in the bus lane. Buses need first access to these lanes. There is a designated area where you will form a line and wait. Please call the office for further questions. If the 3rd graders have a younger sibling(s), all children in the sibling group will be picked up in the regular pick up lane on the west side of the building.
MATH HOMEWORK HELP FOR PARENTS and HOME LINKS
Here is a helpful guide of what to expect this year: Scholastic for Parents
Email Access for Students:
To access Gmail, go to Adams 12 Google Apps.